Hello, I am Elizabeth Plant.
Let me guess why you are here.
You are struggling and want to change your health and wellbeing and know you need support to do so.
Why work with me? I am a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health & Wellbeing Coach,
Healthy Eating Advisor, clinical massage therapist, aromatherapist, reflexologist and educator.
I believe in:
Transformation from the Inside Out
My mission is to support people who want to change from feeling distressed and exhausted to living more joyfully with healthier eating and lifestyle habits. I coach you to make miracles happen in your life by transforming your choices around food and lifestyle so that you can feel more energised to live a happy life.
Many people feel like they are living like their get up and go got up and went. As your coach I will support you with your mindset so you can change the habits that are holding you back so you can start feeling your best again. You may not even know what goals you want yet but with coaching you will create them and reach them.
Why health coaching? Health coaching is a specialised area,similar to but distinct from life coaching. I encourage my clients to create and integrate a holistic lifestyle that is enjoyable - not only is food a focus but relationships, your career, movement and self care. It's easy to believe that you don't deserve a better life and that somehow wanting more is selfish but working on your goals and achieving them will improve your personal and family life so it is being selfless and altruistic not only to yourself but to others. It allows you to live and work more productively. You will become the positive role model that you may have only dreamed of. As well as health coaching, I draw on my knowledge of other modalities such as bodywork and stress management techniques through complementary therapies.
Will you be put on a diet? No. Although in my training we covered over 100 dietary theories it was so that we could understand that no single diet works for everyone. I work with the concept of Bioindividuality - I know that what works for me may need to be different for someone else and believe we are all unique. I have a passion for creating nourishing but simple home-cooked food. Eating needs to be enjoyable and tasty rather than about deprivation. I found that a whole food concept of eating works best and optimises health; this is something I encourage for my clients. I want you to enjoy eating rather than feel deprived. I love chocolate and like to have my cake and eat it (even if it's made in an unconventional way). I don't do diets - I create and support healthy lifestyles with my clients and cheer people on. I've experimented a lot with how and what I eat over years. I know what it's like to feel like a zombie - if I make the wrong food choices for myself I can be doubled up in pain and can end up tired and miserable. I support my clients to find out how to eat well so you can feel great and full of enthusiasm and make the rest of your life flow.
My own journey into coaching was through two excellent coaches who got me out of the rut I was in and taught me how to set goals, move myself forward with action steps, develop systems and believe that my own dreams were possible until they manifested.
I believe that a healthy rhythm in life is essential - work hard yes, but play well too.
I'm professionally qualified in the following:
- Certificate in Health Coaching (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
- Deep Dive coaching (Holistic MBA - Health Coach Institute)
- Immersion coaching program (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
- Diploma in Non Medical Nutritional Advice (VTCT)
- Certificate in Soft Tissue (College of Osteopaths)
- Diploma in Massage Therapy (VTCT)
- Certificate in Advanced Musculoskeletal Anatomy (Jing Institute)
- Diplomas in Aromatherapy and Advanced Aromatherapy (VTCT)
- Diplomas in Reflexology and Advanced Reflexology (VTCT)
- Diploma in Crystal/Colour Therapy (VTCT)
- Certificate in Advanced Complementary Therapies (Chichester College of FE)
My Health Coach training
has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic concepts to preventative health. Initially I received my Non-Medical Nutritional Advice Diploma
(VTCT) as a Healthy Eating Advisor, meeting the UK National Occupational Standards. I then studied for my year-long Health Coaching certificate
from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
, where I trained in more than 100 dietary theories ranging from vegan, paleo, autoimmune, raw, macrobiotics to Weston A Price, flexitarian and everything between. I also studied a variety of coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative wellbeing wisdom with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts.
My lecturers at IIN included:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Dr. Andrew Weil MD, director of the Arizona Centre for Integrative Medicine
- Deepak Chopra, MD, leader in the field of mind-body medicine
- Dr. David Katz, MD, MPH, director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Centre
- Dr. Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for the New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
- Stacey Morgenstern, health coach and trainer with HMBA
- Marilena Minucci, health and business coach
- Alicia Silverstone, actress, author and kindness advocate
and many other leading researchers and nutrition, healthy and wellbeing authorities.
Experience to date includes:
- motherhood (which started in 2001 with a beautiful homebirth) that has given me an understanding of the impact that juggling family and work has in relation to self care.
- I breastfed my daughter for 6 years, through infancy, toddlerhood and into early childhood so am well versed in breastfeeding issues.
- I homeschooled until my daughter was 9 years old (using approaches such as Steiner Waldorf and Montessori) which has given me some deeper insights into raising a child and living in a holistic and healthier way.
- read the first year of a Speech and Language Therapy/Psychology degree and working as a speech and language therapy assistant.
- read the first year of a Masters degree in Osteopathy, attending 100 hours of the teaching clinic and going in depth on musculoskeletal anatomy and human physiology.
- worked as a personal assistant and book editor, both of which led me to a better understanding of working environments and their effect on general health. I've worked for a major global bank, big media corporations and a medical training company.
- retraining in my thirties as a complementary therapist and understanding the roles that massage therapy, aromatherapy, reflexology and nutrition have to manage pain and stress
- my teacher training in Lifelong Education (City & Guilds PTTLLS)
- experiencing my own personal difficulties with Asperger's Syndrome, ME, PMS, anaemia, morning sickness (HG), IBS and learning how to improve if not eliminate these challenging conditions using whole foods and holistic health awareness of herbs, nutrition and bodywork.
With my support, we co-create completely personalised actions based on your goals to move you toward your ideal vision of health within your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and resources. I am there as your guide on the side so you don't have to feel alone. Drawing on my education, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness. Now, drawing on this knowledge, I will help you to create a completely personalised “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals. There are lots of quick fix products out there but longterm they do not work. If you want to achieve your true potential and bring about lasting change then the benefit that I bring to you is the ability to work on a deeper level. One-to-one coaching means I will support you in finding the rhythm you need to put good habits in place to maximise your health and to improve your wellbeing at work and at home.
- I am Anglo-Austrian. I spent my childhood summers in Austria, visiting my grandparents, a culture different to the rest of my year in England for lifestyle and diet. I have lovely memories of alpine farms, hearing the cow bells, feeding baby swallows that had fallen out of nests, climbing trees for apricots (lower branches since I wasn't good at climbing), picking fresh walnuts and drinking fresh-made raspberry juice.
- I value nature and work with you to find your natural self. I have always felt at peace in forests and mountains, drinking from streams and eating the fresh food available.
- I've been published about half a dozen times as a book reviewer (New Vision, White Dragon) and have ghostwritten over a dozen books (that I can't tell you more about as I signed a contract not to other than they were in the alternative health field and included astrology and music). I have had several articles featured at Body Mind Institute and also written three health-based e-books.
- I know that it is essential to have time and the space to administer self care to yourself. I've learned to do so alongside my family, work and studying commitments.
- I belong to a dog and two bantam hens (fresh eggs).
- I love walking (especially with my doglet), Tai Chi, gentle yoga, watching wildlife, gardening with herbs and foraging in hedgerows.
- I am a fan of fantasy and science fiction including Star Trek and a total nerd as I play Dungeons and Dragons and am an INFJ in terms of Myers-Briggs personality type.
As your coach, I put the choices back in YOUR hands so that you feel you are living the life you need and want rather than feeling disassociated from your decisions.
Are you ready for change?
Learn more about my training and my unique approach to health coaching.
Would you like to learn more about improving your health? If so please sign up for my free newsletter or like my Facebook page. I'm also on Twitter. And you can contact me today for a free Strategy consultation. For my hands-on therapies and a full list of my qualifications please visit my other website at Springtime Holistics.
Are you curious about how health coaching can help you? Let’s talk. Schedule a FREE initial Strategy consultation with me today.
I am also an Ambassador for IIN so if you are thinking about becoming a Health Coach yourself please contact me and ask about the special tuition offers I can pass to you.